Kokomo Pride is currently searching for our next Director of Community Relations!
Like all current positions with Kokomo Pride, this position is entirely volunteer.
Please read the description below and if you want to join our team, fill out the form at the very bottom of the page.
Kokomo Pride is searching for a Direct of Adult Outreach. This position will build and oversee Kokomo Pride’s Community Relations Committee as well as build and maintain our LGBTQ+ Friendly list and serve under the Executive Director.
The position will be entirely volunteer until further notice and will be expected to give 10-15 hours per week to Kokomo Pride.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter and very vocal in their opinions. Kokomo Pride is a new organization with no precedent so this position can be very flexible in its scope. The Board has set forth general expectations of the position and these can be adapted based on the needs of the Community, Board and Committee. We want your ideas. Please make them known.
- Serve as a voting member of the Kokomo Pride Board and assist in decision making for the betterment of the organization.
- Appoint and oversee all members of the Community Relations Committee (committee members are not voting members of the Board and do not need to be approved by the Board).
- Oversee all aspects of the Community Relations Committee including but not limited to event planning, Community building recruitment, engagement, policy making and advocacy.
- Create relationships with local businesses, faith spaces, individuals and officials to find local LGBTQ+ advocates and pass entities through the criteria already set forth.
- Kokomo Pride already has an LGBTQ+ Friendly Criteria for businesses, faith organizations and mental health professionals. The Director of Community Relations will be responsible for creating criteria for physical doctors, landlords, lawyers and any other need the Community has.
- Assist in the constant search for new volunteers and help maintain current volunteers.
- Create and maintain relationships with Community members including families and individuals to help maintain an active LGBTQ+ Community in Kokomo.
- Stay up to date on local, regional and national issues pertaining to the LGBTQ+ Community with a special focus on LGBTQ+ Adults and families.
- Work with other Committees to ensure no overlap in programing and to assist in any and all ways possible.
- Possesses a healthy LGBTQ+ Identity and is out of the closet.
- Has a compassionate soul and a drive to serve a Community in need.
- Has connections in the Kokomo community or the ability to create them quickly and easily.
- Has a strong, working understanding of the needs of the LGBTQ+ Community and understands the struggles, intersectionality and barriers that come with being part of the LGBTQ+ Community.
- Access to internet, computer/smartphone and reliable transportation.
- Clear communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to answer emails in a timely manner.
- Experience organizing people and inspiring involvement. (preferred)
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to refrain from alcohol and drug use while representing Kokomo Pride.
- All positions with Kokomo Pride are volunteer until further notice.
If you are interested in joining us, fill out the form and we will get back to you! Thank you so much for your support and your interest in Kokomo Pride.